View Single Post
Unread 08-10-20, 08:26 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAxel View Post
Nice, saw the advertisement. Do I remember that both engines were very high time? I was tempted to call our local engine shop (Premier Aircraft, Troutdale OR) to see what overhauls would cost for that plane but the ad was gone before i got a chance to call. Have fun with it, and I would suggest getting a Parts Manual and a Service Manual, very helpful items to have.
Yep, that's the one. I was "johnny on the spot with cash" or I would've never been able to buy it. Seller had almost 100 phone calls within a few hours.

Greatest news is that engines times were being kept off Hobbs, but I found a log entry a few years back that says the engine times are much lower. The tach time is much less, closer to 1000. Either way the engines look like they're only a year or two old. Soft hoses, shiny clean surfaces, etc. I'm gonna replace a few cylinders on the back, but the front is all solid.

May do GAMI's, they are just up the road a bit from me. Not sure what the fuel flow mafia has to say about LOP operations on a turbo.

Last edited by mshac : 08-11-20 at 08:31 AM.