View Single Post
Unread 07-02-22, 01:29 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by etv100Fly View Post
Hell members! Anyone installed a new autopilot in there plane with a current STC? I see a lot of units available but no STC. Looks like either going rouge or nothing. Thoughts? Thanks Capt Leo
I have an STEC 60-2 with electric trim that works pretty good, but I know they cost too much to buy new and install.

LOTS of options if you're willing to "go rogue"!!!

Speaking of "going rogue" there is an Aztec near me that had dual Dynon Experimental glass panels and engine monitors installed. It looks great and according to the owner, works great as well. He makes no attempt to hide it, and the planes been flying like this for almost eight years now. YMMV.

You can install an experimental A/P or otherwise non-approved but expect to spend a lot of time as a "test pilot" tweaking all the settings. And when you go to sell the plane, it could be an issue. But hey, its only time and money, right?

If you want to stay legal AND stick to a budget, why not buy a complete system from one of the guys on here parting out 337's then send it to Autopilots Central for OH? My guess is your cost would be a fraction of buying a new certified AP.

Last edited by mshac : 08-01-22 at 10:50 AM.