View Single Post
Unread 06-05-22, 04:15 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
you can remove rear seats, lift carpet and floor plates also with excellent access to brake components in the landing gear well (and don't have to be on a jack).

If you have corrosion eating through the line, you probably have corrosion in other parts of the system as well as old out of date components. Plan on replacing o-rings in master cylinder and calipers if there's that much corrosion and not recently done. Check all your flexible lines. I had pitting corrosion in my caliper bores that allowed hydraulic brake fluid to ooze out around the piston and made things gummy around the brakes along with brake softness, but not enough to cause a telltale drip. Tried sanding it out but the pits were too deep. Ended up replacing them and be aware there is back log/lack of inventory. The Cleveland cross reference manual on line is wrong for our later models. You will have to do some research to get parts.

Knots-2-u sells affordable master cylinder rebuild kit. If doing the Lock-o-seal be sure about the gap.

The swivel was too much of an "unobtainium" in my mind to try and rebuild with the risk of damaging an irreplaceable component. So I sent it out to the only place I could find that would work on it and test it afterwards.

Parking brake valve rebuildable via o-rings and can be a source of some issues.