View Single Post
Unread 08-08-02, 03:59 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Operating conditions

Kevin,

Interesting info on your climb MP of 31" and 2500 RPM with full rich mixture... probably a LOT easier on the engines. I note that Cessna's POH recommends 33"/2450 with mixtures pulled back to 90 PPH, and the American Intercooler paperwork recommends the same 33"/2450 for climb, but 100PPH on fuel flow. Think I'll try your settings except for a little leaning, at least to 90PPH, and then enrichen if necessary for cylinder head cooling.

My IA mechanic keeps telling me that if I want to see my engines last, he recommends NOT using MAX takeoff power of 37" and 2800 RPM... unless it's an Emergency. He stresses that anything over 31" on these TSIO-360's is playing with fire. Any thoughts on this? I guess if you're not loaded to full gross, pushing the engines to 37" each time is unnecessary wear and tear. I know, the POH says 37/2800 for the takeoff, but that is presumably based on full gross weight.

What are your cruise parameters for those 12,000 to 20,000' flights in terms of MP, RPM and FUEL FLOWs?

SkyKing