View Single Post
Unread 06-11-03, 08:49 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
riley AC

Oh Yes....... Riley Airconditioning..

1) Diode is on top of the compressor connector. If you pull the compressor solenoid connector at the compressor the breaker should pop if the diode is bad or there is a short to ground in the harness.

2) These breakers are not all that accurate. Put an ammeter in the circuit and measure the current.

3) Try turning the thermostat switch to "no air conditioning" and see if the breaker pops when you increase the "cold" setting. IF so then you have narrowed it to the compressor solenoid.

4) You may need to do a resistance check on the coil at the compressor. I rather doubt they have put the diode on the coil side of the solenoid connector. Check for shorts at the compressor.

5) The compressor is an automotive type that is used by Chrysler. I do not have the schematic in front of me but I think they use a resistor in series with the compressor coil as the coil is 12 volts and the aircraft system is 24 volts. The resistor may be mounted up on the rear firewall if I remember correctly.

BTW the fan is connected thru the squat switch on the gear and thru a relay. When the gear comes up the condenser fan quits running. IT should run on the ground. It is fused or breakered seperately from the coil and evaporator fan.

hope this helps

Bob