View Single Post
Unread 09-10-20, 07:57 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Interesting and timely topic. I recently experienced a significant electrical event after takeoff; I thought I had documented it here but didn't and will add that topic today.

I wanted to mention that as the troubles were corrected, the amp meter continued to have a "hard, full-range cycle. On the ramp, I ran through the Electrical System Ops Check outlined in the POH, and at the end of the successful test, I realized that my amp meter indication had returned to the regular, light, small bumping on the meter.

My battery pack did not pass the Alternator Restart Test, so the batteries are being replaced now while the airplane is in maintenance. I found and purchased the SK337-46A Battery Pack Kit recently. Given what happened to my airplane, my mechanic might replace the existing pack with the kit.

As pilots, we are supposed to perform both the Electrical System Ops Test and Alternator Restart Test at 25-hour intervals. I remember this from attending Cessna Skymaster school in January '78. While in the airplane, the paragraph format in the Manual is tough to follow. I listed them out in checklist form in ForeFlight and also kept it as a document within the app (attached).

From experience, when you push on either electrical test button, push with a clockwise movement on the button. The button is thread onto the shaft of the switch, that shaft is free to rotate. It is impossible to get them too tight, but I have found them missing and on the airplane floor. I haven't experienced the loss since I started adding the rotation with the push.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SK337-46A.jpg (22.3 KB, 683 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electrical System Test Checklists_REV 1.pdf (24.0 KB, 708 views)