View Single Post
Unread 07-27-06, 08:22 PM

mikec is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not sure you can go by Vref for a Skymaster. A 210 works out pretty close to the market price though due to volume.

There aren't enough Skymasters to create a good baseline for valuation IMHO. I found when buying mine 4 months ago that you look at the market and the models available and buy the one equipped best for your needs that is reasonably priced compared to the others on the market.

Riley conversion? Not sure how much that should command. Example, Skymaster #1 I almost bought fared well features etc, and was a touch high vs market but was advertised as a clean aircraft. Didn't even come close to passing pre-buy. But a good look at all the "added options" they were all dated due to an OLD Riley conversion. By the time I did the updates my mission and personality required I would have 350K in it.

I rejected the plane and 3 days later a new one came on the market. Not Riley, but a clean low time unit. Bought that one. It is now being refurbished with avionics, gauges, panel, interior and when done I will have a Riley equivilant that is new, and only about $ 225K in it.

I think I will be happy.

Mike