View Single Post
Unread 01-03-12, 12:26 AM

sns3guppy is on a distinguished road
I haven't used those services, but have involved programs such as CAMP Systems for ongoing maintenance and tracking, in the past. A variety of such programs exist. When keeping track of the next inspection, maintenance intervals and component times, etc, becomes arduous as aircraft complexity increases, the use of support programs like CAMPs are very useful. SAVVY would do the same for you, but offer you consulting and additional coordination support. Probably well worth your time and money, especially if maintenance tracking (and maintenance in general) isn't your forte. (CAMP isn't applicable to the skymaster; it's primarily for more complex, advanced aircraft, but the principle is the same).

Mike Busch is a knowledgeable guy; he's got a lot of good experience and has a lot to offer. I've disagreed with him on occasion and continue to do so on certain topics, but I do respect his views, and he's definitely been around the block a time or two.

If you're not up on maintenance practices and requirements, it's really easy to end up paying a lot more than you need to for upkeep. Some shops are unscrupulous, or excessively cautious, and will end up trying to nick you for every little thing they can. Some will try to tell you that the Cessna SID inspections, or anything marked by the manufacturer, is "mandatory," and must be done. Such folks are either trying to cover their tails at your expense, or don't understand the rules of the game. Management services can help you wade through those financial pitfalls, and are well worth your investment.

Last edited by sns3guppy : 01-03-12 at 12:44 AM.