View Single Post
Unread 02-27-13, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
For me the principal advantage of a customized checklist (which I can send to you, see earlier message) is that you can HIGHLIGHT and/or add color to a few items that you have trouble with. If you are like me, some things are instinctive, they come natural. Others I tend to forget, and those I highlight. For instance, in my pre-flight I tend to forget to check my wing tips for a sign that my airplane may have been hit. On landing I sometimes forget props forward. Twice I've forgotten to lock the door and it has opened in flight.

I also include things that are specific to the type of flying I do, which is mostly over water. So procedures for an in-flight fire are in there. Radio frequencies for the Bahamas are in there. Someone who often flies over mountains or often take off in airports with high density altitude may wish to add other things.

The checklist I use, with highlighting and color, is shown below. The two pages are printed back-to-back on a single sheet of heavy stock and laminated.

Ernie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Checklist 337G3.pdf (18.1 KB, 5264 views)