View Single Post
Unread 09-19-22, 11:22 AM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZGard View Post
Aircraft landed gear up in a swamp and struck wingtip. Front engine and propeller replaced, nose and wing repaired. Waiting to hear from seller regarding damage since it was not disclosed in the advertisement. What would you want to make sure was inspected? Appears to have flown 10 hours since repairs.
I'm thinking you'd want a good corrosion inspection and perhaps a wing Spar inspection. You'd also want to inspect the repairs to make sure they were done correctly and you'd want to look at the log entries to see if they match up with the work that appears to have been done. Don't be afraid to call the shop that did the work if you have any questions. Consider hiring another aircraft sheet metal shop to just look over the repairs that were done to see if they think everything is solid. Try to find one that has no relation to the shop that did the work if you can. Finally, that aircraft should be priced at least 10% below Market due to that damage history because it's so fresh. As time moves forward and more hours are put on the plane that 10% number will get smaller and smaller.

Furthermore there should be an NTSB report regarding the incident. With knowing no more than you've said it sounds like fuel exhaustion. When I'm searching for an aircraft to purchase, I will always run the N number through the NTSB database search engine which is available online.

Last edited by mshac : 09-19-22 at 11:57 AM.