View Single Post
Unread 08-18-02, 05:00 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Kevin (SFO) and Rick,

Nope, don't have a digital camera... the part of the rear engine mount I was referring to is the long upward diagonal on the left side from the lower firewall weld of the frame that slants upward to join near the left Lord shock mount. The exhaust pipe is closest at the forward part of this diagonal and of course is near the rear of the turbo at the far aft end. Hope this makes since. The former owner had fabricated a shield that attached with two band-type clamps, one at each end, with the shield facing toward the exhaust/engine area.

Notice you also have a 1977 P337 ... ours is S/N 286... how 'bout yours? And are you having any heat erosion or flaking of paint in this area on the rear mount? Former owner had a habit of parking sometimes outside with rear cowl flaps opened and the rear of the plane facing into the wind... and with all the rain, I'm sure some of this is attributable to a bit of rust that was never completely wire-brushed off and sanded properly. We cleaned it up and recoated with some high-temp paint and didn't put the shield on as it was a temporary fix-it until annual.

Hope this helps.

And Rick, regarding the rear engine fuel lines... not sure that yours, I think a 1973, has the same routing... but we have the gear door removal and of course the fuel strainer and lower fuel line below the lower firewall is exposed to the environment... have thought about having these insulated, think the main tube is 1/2-inch or so.

Were your vaporlocking probs at start-up after heat-soaking, or what?

SkyKing