View Single Post
Unread 12-05-05, 05:46 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a somewhat similar problem. I say "somewhat" because mine was pretty much, although not exactly as you described. But after $3000 or work by Million Air here in SLC, I finally took it to my regular mechanics (had used M. Air because I wasn't sure it was safe and if it really was just a leak they should have found it right away. Anyway, my regular guys put a meter on it, pumped up some pressure, found it was in fact leaking, and in about 10 mins. found the section with the leak. They then pulled off the line at the back of the instrument panel, noted a cracked fitting, and rebuilt that little section in about 10 minutes more. (They could have replace it even if they hadn't found the crack as they knew the leak was in that section, but having the cracked piece was valuable to me.) In total 1 hour I was in the air back to SLC, where I showed the cracked line to the head of maintenance at Million Air. To their credit they reversed all of the charges except for the turbo controller overhaul which they had put me through as part of their previous work.

If soeone has a simple pressure meter setup, finding the leak should be child's play.