View Single Post
Unread 08-27-05, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
It didn't suffer any damages. By chance it was in a hangar, where my mechanic and I were doing some cosmetic work. When I left the hangar Thursday around 5 PM I looked at the radar and it was headed west towards Ft. Lauderdale. Since TMB is in far south Miami-Dade and this was a Cat 1 hurricane, I expected 30, maybe 50 MPH winds. Well, the sucker startted turning south before coming ashore at around 6:30 PM that day, spawned tornadoes and we saw wind gusts approaching 100 MPH. Several lighter aircraft were destroyed at TMB. I was lucky. Thanks for asking.

On a separate note, I had been having intermittent trouble with my gear, was about to try several things, but decided to first change the battery, and it solved everything. There are those who say that in many instances (not just gear) you ought to look at the battery first -- they are right.

Ernie

PS: Without electricity or phone since Thursday 8 PM. No air conditioning or even fans in 90 degree humid weather is no fun -- and sleeping is a bitch!