View Single Post
Unread 08-07-05, 04:56 PM

Pete Somers is an unknown quantity at this point
Ernie
Yep, the procedure I gave is really a 'get home last resort' and if you are really stuck.

Now if you jumper the battery on the older Skymasters and do a start on the rear, and run it , from memory i do not think you will be able to start the front due to the small alternators on the older models (i am sure i have tried it).
The 60 amp systems are no problem.

And as you say Ernie, if you have to take off with a low battery, leave the gear where it is down, raising the gear uses a lot of power and it does not make all that much differance to the speed anyway.

Battery maintenace is just as important as the servicing of the engines. The UK CAA called for a capacity check on these batteries every 3 months until everyone complained that it was destroying the batteries rather than doing good, but that is one of many backward idea's of our system.

Just checking the water level and maybe put it on charge now and again will keep a battery good.

Remember a lot of the system rely on the electrics, so if you see or hear something you are not sure of get it looked at.

If you need any help on the electrics let me know!!

Good comments Ernie!!

Happy flying

Pete