Thread: Bypass filter
View Single Post
Unread 07-06-02, 02:10 AM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, the AMSOIL set up is a dual filter setup. It replaces your existing filter. One filter is a regular full flow (40 micron). At a rate of about 1/2 quart an hour. This flow through a fine filter (1/10 micron). When the oil passes through the fine filter all the combusion material is removed. So the oil is as clean as new. Once I've seen it work on my big trucks, I wondered if it would help our expensive engines. Maybe not, but I'd like to find out.

Their are several systems like the AMSOIL setup on the market. The one that would be very simple to install on a skymaster is made by OILGUARD. The people over there were also the only group that would talk to me after I mentioned airplanes. Their system is in a sealed canister. Very small. And would require a pressurized line in, and a line returning to the system. Two lines and a mounting surface of about 4" x 4". I noticed that someone had a field approval on the AMSOIL system on a 170 in Alaska. Don't think this would help us out any, but interesting that others are thinking along the same lines.

Hopefully someone here knows a little about oil and could comment on if this type of system would help our little, expensive engines.

www.amsoil.com/products/bf.html
www.oilguard.com
www.bypassfilter.com