View Single Post
Unread 05-05-05, 08:10 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Re: New Question and Maybe Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Keven
Larry, Jerry, A&Ps, and anyone else who has purchased an engine, and sent a core replacement, a few questions about what is and is not customary as being included/expected:

What is customary as included in the base price of the engine you purchase and return as a core:

5. Baffles for the cylinders and the engine baffle set Y/N
6. Ignition Harnesses Y/N

Thanks,

Keven
The baffles between the cylinders were included with my Reman.
If you mean the little clamps that hold the wires in place, yes. and the wires. Everything else comes off my old engine. OH, and interestingly enough, it came with a light weight, smaller, starter. About half the size of the one that it replaced. The IA replaced/repaired the rest of the baffles. I bought a muffler off of Ebay, because mine had a hole in it. I also ended up needing new lord mounts (to be expected), and a new engine mount (thank you Don Neiser). We had the engine mount bead blasted and powder coated. Had the exhaust sytem bead blasted too, looks real nice.
I don't know what you mean by Magneto vent plugs, but it came with new (to me any way) Magnetos.
We had to purchase, and install all new hoses, including vacuum line hoses.
And, after the first flight, new voltage regulators.

Jerry doesn't know yet, because his isn't back, and he is getting his engine rebuilt, so it will come back essentially as it left, maybe he'll buy new plugs

Last edited by WebMaster : 05-05-05 at 10:05 AM.