View Single Post
Unread 01-25-05, 09:18 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
MP

On the top of the rear engine on the right side of the plane there is a alum cone shaped tube with a flange that connects to a hose that is attached to a bulkhead fitting entering the cabin. There are four small screws that hold the tube in place by the tube flange. What they do is remove the alum. tube and place a blank over the port that the tube was fed by. This elimates anything involving the cabin.

What I find interesting is Kevin's description above. He has a lot of knowledge on the Skymaster and what he said regarding opening the cabin dump cable(rod) which in turn dumps cabin pressure but also closes a valve preventing loss of MP. Yes, this is true--- so, did Millionaire do the check that way or did they first remove the cone tube and installed a blank.

BTW, that alum. cone type tube often gets cracks and leaks in them and indeed, that alone can be the problem. Had my repaired welded twice. Lot of vibration between engine and firewall. And yes, I don't want to know the cost! I am still sick over the cost of mine.

Thanks
Jerry: