View Single Post
Unread 01-21-05, 07:13 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
mods

TSIO=360-CB engines with turbo chargers are standard on the 1975 P337G.

Inter-coolers are Riley. Also, the plane has the main gear doors removal kit.

When you look at Skymasters, the model year and if the plane is normal asp. or turbo charged is important on performance. Let's talk some book numbers.

I had a 1972 337F normal asp. aircraft. Loved that plane, could carry a load. According to the POH, with single engine with the front engine operating, it will hold about 5,000 feet. Single engine with the rear engine operating, it will hold 7,200 feet.

Front engine operating single engine climb was about 260 FPM however, when gear is being tucked away, climb becomes slightly negative. With rear engine operating in single engine configuration, climb rate was slightly postive.

The POH on my 1975 P337G dipicts either engine climb is 360 FPM and either engine will hold 18,500 feet. The book says that,--not sure if plane will actual do it. I have however done the 360 Plus climb in single engine training.

BTW, in that training, flying below blue line speed, 100 MPH, loss an engine and you can't climb. Have to put plane in nose down configuation to gain air speed above blue line so you can enter climb phase.

Jerry