View Single Post
Unread 02-21-04, 11:43 PM

hewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
NAAA

On Trade-A-Plane.com, they have a value estimator from the National Aircraft Appraisers Association. According to them, 2/3s of 336s should be valued between $35,200 and $55,000.

Plugging in this particular aircraft's TTAF, engine and prop times, airframe, exterior and interior conditions - as desribed by the owner - and avionics; assuming all ADS are complied with and no maintenance problems other than the engines, the NAAA valuator places the value of this plane at $40,500.

At that price, after putting in factory remans, I would be into the plane for roughly $100,000. Now, if I were to need to resell the plane, I'd be up Shit Creek. On the other hand, that is a whole helluva lot cheaper than just about any other twin on the market with 2 new engines.

All that having been said, the seller tells me that if he can't get what he feels the plane is worth - and that currently stands at the $55K figure - he would rather keep it than "give it away." He doesdn't need it that badly. THAT is the definition of the bottom of the market. When keeping the item is more valuable than selling, that is the bottom. But only for that particular seller and only at that particular time. Things change so we will see.