View Single Post
Unread 02-14-04, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Kevin's philosophy, but not the numbers. Let's assume you do a thorough check of engines and props, that you confirm that the damage repairs were done well, and finally that the aircraft is airworthy (with a valid annual and all AD's done). My number then is around $45K.

Here's how I got there. First, I read the Vref used prices as a fair number with "basic" eqpt, and I'll only add deduct $5K for the radios. Second, I'm buying this aircraft to fly it and enjoy it, not to sell it, so I'm not too concerned with perhaps losing a little many years from now because of the damage history (and hopefully the then-buyer will do the same thorough check of the repair and I won't lose anything). Finally, I'll deduct $15K for the engine(s).

You say it flies good. With all ADs done and a thorough check of the engines, props and the damage repair, a $45K price seems fair and a very inexpensive way to get into a Skymaster. Of course, you need to reduce the $45K for anything you find in the pre-buy, things like corrosion or ADs.

Good luck.

Ernie