Thread: RPM indicator
View Single Post
Unread 08-05-03, 09:32 PM

Juan M. Padrón is an unknown quantity at this point
Magnetos overhaul

Thank you Bob.Here is the whole story:Since the rear engine rpm indicator was not working,well it actually worked but erratically,I sent the RPM indicator for overhaul.The people at the instruments shop told me that the indicator was ok and that the problem was in the magnetos and that this indicator work with the signal sent by a coil in the magnetos,then we talked to the mechanics and effectively the coil in the magneto was damaged.The instruments shop recomended to use the old indicator as a core and adapt it for the system in use nowadays which work with a set of contacts in the magnetos and there would not be any problem
adapting the magnetos,so I agreed,and supposly in the future I would not have any more trouble since the contacts were easy to find and the coils are no longer in use.
So far ,so good.The problem began when the shop that repair the magnetos told us that these magnetos could not be adapted to work with the contacts and that I should get two new magnetos (part:S6LN-25 Mod. 10-79020-11).So ,
what do you think?.
I am located in Maracay,Venezuela.I get my spare parts and accesories from people in south Florida.Regards.

Juan M. Padrón