View Single Post
Unread 03-17-03, 08:39 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
.Epilogue: Well my story on this has gone from simple (replace boots) to complex (the stall warning pad is in the wrong place) then back to simple (move the stall warning vane to match the pad location).

How did this happen you might ask? Well Cessna allowed a deviation on the build on my plane to use a middle wing skin from the slightly earlier models (presumably they had an extra one that they wanted to make use of). This deviation was actually documented, but the information has stayed in the drawing cabinets ever since.

The stall vane can be in any one of three positions in the middle section of the leading edge L/H wing, so Cessna will issue a repair recommendation to allow the vane to be moved to where is should be and it can be moved under a Form 337.

Good news as that is cheaper than a new boot as there was no credit to be had and there would have been the delay to have one built. The plane now is more consistent with the parts catalogue as well.

Thanks to my FAA friends for the positive view of the change and to Scott and Samir at Cessna and Tequi Kazi at Reims for for their assistance.

For learning outcomes: if you are going to change your de-ice boot, make sure you talk with Goodrich and know which location your stall warning vane is located so you get the part you need first time.

Regards – Dave Underwood