View Single Post
Unread 02-18-03, 02:51 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Red face What documentation?

Dear "Tony Pea"

Did you see anything "personal" in my prior post that in any way insinuated that you personally didn't know what you were talking about? I didn't. So why the affront?

Now, as to your "documentation", you haven't provided any! Sorry, but hear-say testimony from un-named Jack's never did cut the muster. However, my personal IA, who is retired from a major airline after a long and successful career and who also continues to run his own G/A shop, doesn't have a problem with RTV nor do I, nor does the previous G/A shop who maintained the plane for the 13-years prior to my acquiring it —and they used the clear RTV at every annual during those 13-years, and there is not one iota of etching nor any other abnormality with the areas where the RTV was applied.

BTW, if you will kindly check the Official mouthpiece on the airplane, the Cessna Illustrated Parts Catalog, you'll find staring at you on page 3 thereof at Item -25 "RTV732 - Sealant-Silicone". Seems the Multi-Million $$$ Cessna Aircraft Company doesn't have a problem with using RTV in its airplanes. Did you say you owned one of these?

Respectfully yours,

SkyKing