View Single Post
Unread 01-25-03, 08:31 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool The aft cowl flaps.... Suggestions...

The aft cowl flap motor was changed out about a year ago with a new one from Cessna, many $$$$.00. Since this new problem I have been leaving them open about 2 inches and periodically trying them in the hangar to the open position. Recently they stoped opening, however they would go toward the closed position. Went flying today, watched cyl. temps closely. Placing the switch to the open position and after a while I could see the blue light very dimly lite. I could not see with my mirrors if they were open. Once on the ground I could see that they were open. I closed them to the 2 inch position then tried to open them. they would not open. Going into the shop next week and check it out. Well I went and had a $50.00 slice of pizza anyway... Parked along side N130Q a DC 3 on amphibious floats. Heard about it but I have never seen it and what a sight it was.. Should keep that darn throw away camera in the back... At 4500 feet, 2350/2400 with a +10 F the TAS was 160K, just me and not much gas... Guy, old72driver....

Last edited by Guy Paris : 01-25-03 at 08:36 PM.