View Single Post
Unread 02-22-22, 07:44 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
My airplane has the restart switch installed, but nothing is coming off it. A previous owner must have removed everything. I have the updated battery pack Kit, but I cannot find a wiring diagram with components. Can anybody help me figure out what is needed to get this completed?

I spoke with Don Neiser, he has the switches, but he hasn't gotten back to me with a diagram or material list.

I discovered my pack was missing the first time I did the 25 hour checks of the electrical system. I assumed the batteries in the pack needed replacing, which went several months up to the annual. Three annuals later, I'm still trying to get this done. No one wants to touch it. A metal panel is being installed in this third annual, and it needs to be completed.

I have used the restart in another Skymaster I flew on pipeline patrol. I consider it an airworthiness item based on that experience, and that there is both the pilot performed interval test in the POH and emergency checklist. Honestly, had this been caught on the pre-buy, I would not have bought the airplane.

Last edited by patrolpilot : 02-22-22 at 07:54 AM.