Thread: sp brks
View Single Post
Unread 12-16-02, 08:41 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
spoilers

Rick

These are not placarded in any way. You can use them on rollout which I have on numerous occasions. Full flap does not necessarily promote reduced roll due to additional lift. I would consider removing flap immediately after touchdown ... you want as much weight on the tires as possible. Spoilers should stop the wing from flying again and that's about it.

I have used spoilers on landing (accidently) when I forgot to release them and there were no ill affects. (only once!).

If you used them with added power when cold it would keep the engines warm on the go-around. Thought of doing it; but never have. I have used them inside the marker to get the speed back when doing 140 on the approach into orlando and when the controllers ask you to keep your speed up when interleaving with faster traffic. They are a god send as you can bleed off 40 knots very quickly. There is a bit of a "balloon" when initiated but the autopilot handles it nicely (needs forward trim). You can also modulate them as the deployment time is only a couple of seconds. They retract just as fast as they are spring loaded.

Sorry if this is a long winded circumventing your question..... don't know......

bib