View Single Post
Unread 11-15-02, 11:19 AM

Pat Rolfes is on a distinguished road
What is IFCS?

I think I have mentioned to you before that I have been using KCAC in Olathe. My problem is that the FAA just stole the main guy out of that shop and I don't think the remaining crew have a clue about this system. I suspect my problems would be easily found at the right shop.

I will try and describe my problems but forgive me in advance as I have extremely limitted understanding of electronics and this system.

I have been having intemittent problems (gradually getting worse) with the alt functions. It started out where I would suddenly notice my alt creeping up or down. To correct I would need to disengage system (just disengaging alt switch and rollong pitch wheel would not correct), position the yolk to straight and level flight and then re-ingage.

The next indication that things were getting worse was when I would extend landing gear I would lose alt (I once let it go as much as 1500 fpm before taking MANUAL corrective action).

The last symptom just happened on latest flight. Porposing (sp?)to the point of getting to my stomach (maybe as much as 75 ft up and down and up and down...) Kept it going for a while to see if it would self correct but couldn't take it anymore.

Thoughout, when these problems arise, the units pitch control wheel is completely non functional. I try and disengage alt hold button and turn pitch wheel (on system) to correct but it just rolls freely with no actual input to elevators. Also,during normal times, when the system corrects alt, you can physically see the pitch wheel turn in conjuction. During malfunction it doesn't move at all even tho elevator is clearly being moved by the system.

Sorry about the rample but don't have ability to make more concise.