View Single Post
Unread 10-20-02, 09:04 PM

Hi John,

If I've got this right the problem is that the fuel lines get hot and the fuel vaporizes in the lines. This makes it hard to get restarted. By waiting the 1/2 hour, the fuel lines cool down and thus returns the fuel in the lines back into its normal form. Regardles off whether or not i've got this theory correct (please chime in anyone), here is the recommended solution...and one that I have been using for years.

1. pull the mixture back in cut off position
2. push the throttle lever full foward (prop is probably already forward but has nothing to do with this).
3. turn on your electric fuel pump for about 15 to 20 seconds or more (longer cannot hurt)
4. when ready to restart the engine, pull the throttle back to normal starting position.
5. start cranking and slowly advance the mixture control from full off to full on while cranking.
6. the end should start right up.

What happens here is that fresh cool fuel is pumped through the lines and cools off the hot lines and replaces the fuel vapor with cool fuel. Naturally, with the mixtures closed, the fuel simply recirculates through the system creating an endless loop.

Please let me know how this works for you.

best of luck,

Chris