View Single Post
Unread 10-16-02, 12:24 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb ...And the original question was?

The original question was, "Would you buy your Skymaster again?" And the answer to that question is YES. This is an airplane meant to last a lifetime. But let me qualify that by saying this: There is no other airplane in the marketplace so well engineered that can do all of the things that the Skymaster does. Of course, if wearing a cannula or a mask doesn't bother you and you need more than 5-seats, I guess a 310, a 401, 402, or higher 400 equipment would be nice, but again, the most bang for the buck and the mission capabilities of the Skymaster can NOT be beaten.

Our's is a 1977 P-Model. We were looking specifically for 1976 through 1980 because of the later refinements in the product, some structural, some cosmetic. BUT, any of the P-models from 1973 through the end of the production run, 1980, would be very fine machines to own. There's a few out there that have been neglected, but not many, as there is a sense of pride in ownership of this particular piece of unique centerline thrust equipment that I have not seen in other airplanes. And once you are bitten by the 337 bug... it never goes away.

SkyKing