View Single Post
Unread 02-05-16, 03:12 AM

klpilot is on a distinguished road
Empty weight concerns

Hello All,

I'm heading out soon for a pre-purchase inspection on a 337A. Nice airplane with reasonably recent avionics upgrades. I'm trying to figure out why the w/b EW is nearly 3000 lbs when they left the factory at closer to 2650. Where the heck is this thing gaining 350lbs? I showed my avionics shop the panel and equipment lists. Not much to remove to gain much because it's relatively new stuff. I might loose 20-30lbs by gutting the avionics. I spoke to my mechanic and showed him pictures of the interior. Again not a huge amount to loose there too. Sounds like if I gut the thing avionics and interior I'd be only gaining maybe 50-70 lbs useful load and have an airplane that I don't want. It doesn't help that the GW is 4200 on the 337A. So what's going on? Where to look in the pre-buy? Anybody else have this issue and re-weigh the airplane. Some have speculated that there could be up to 100 lbs of dirt and debris in the belly, or that perhaps calculated W/B errors over time has added up... Others have told me Cessna lied on the W/B which seams pretty unbelievable to me. My 206 wasn't off. Especially not 350 lbs. What's your 337A EW?