View Single Post
Unread 12-07-14, 11:45 AM

Denhamblin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justadude View Post
In my search for a 337, today I looked at a 1975 P337 that was in very good shape, good times on airframe and engines, and well equipped. The plane had the engines reman'd and all upgrades done in 204 by the Rocket Aircraft LLC. To my understanding, many were part of Riley back in the day.

The big question for all of the knowledgeable folks on the board is what to do with the AE wing tanks (plus fuel xfer/fuel dump equipment) that Rocket installed in 2004. I've read all of the treads on this board, plus anywhere I could find information. A lot of emotions to say the least. Is it best to walk away from this plane, insist that the seller go through the removal and final AD inspection, or negotiate in a $ value to accommodate the removal (and what would/could that $ amount be?). As an aside, I saw no skin cracks or smoking rivets when inspecting the top of the wings.

Appreciate the help here. I really like what these planes can represent in usefulness, while appreciating the complexity and financial commitment required.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
One other thing. You can't just simply uninstall the Flint tips. You would need to replace the closeout rib in both wings since they are heavily modified when you add fuel tanks outboard of the closeout rib. I'm not sure what AE does with the closeout rib. Finding those ribs may be both difficult and expensive.