View Single Post
Unread 07-03-13, 11:47 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hi Johhny

I can assure you those involved in this forum will be a great asset to you when it comes to anything about buying, owning & operating a Skymaster.

I agree the whole 9 yards that I am doing (I deliberately sourced a project to do just this) is not for everyone and purchasing the right bird is crucial so you don't end up in that situation.

One more thing as a heads up, during my search I came across many who were prepared to dissasemble and ship the aircraft, but they kept referring to the need to ensure it had a full annual including W&B recheck and Pitot tube certification etc (going on memory guys) so that an export certificate could be provided before it was pulled apart, I heard this more than a dozen times.

Infact when I delved into the situation with CASA and the FAA, all that is required is a current manufactures CoA in the aircraft and transfer documentation from the seller as you will need to de-register the aircraft with the FAA. I did this a week after the plane arrived in Aus.

Don't fall into the trap of needing an export certificate, I am sure NZ obtains a lot of guidance from CASA for their regulations.

I have all my purchase, export, shipping and assocaited information so if I can be of any further assistance let me know.

Dave

Ps: Guys almost finished the tail, just need to replace the pins in the elevator arms, then re-assemble the rear, aim is for this weekend - any guidance on removing the pins?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (NXPowerLite).jpg
Views:	933
Size:	761.3 KB
ID:	1483