View Single Post
Unread 05-11-02, 01:52 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Original might be better

Jazzman:

Since I have some personal knowledge about two of the P337's out there for sale, I thought I'd share my two cents. In Trade-A-Plane, you'll find a 1977 model (N1ZJ)... and a 1978 model (N90BK) and they're both in Texas.

N1ZJ was a bank repo that we bid on for $70K, but we lost out by about $2K... the airplane was run out, and in need of paint and interior work, although all of the avionics and panel were factory original and all in working order (all 400 series). It was equipped with R/STOL and last time I checked, the asking price had been reduced to $198K... but it was given a complete makeover. It has new engines, American Aviation Intercoolers and all new Garmin stuff, plus a new leather interior.... very sharp!

The other P-model is N90BK and when we lost the bid tried to secure this one. However, for our needs, it was pretty light on radios, but did have radar, didn't have a hot prop and no de-ice, and had the big Keith type air conditioning box in the rear, all original and new-looking interior. But best of all it was only 1600 TT and 300 or 400 hours on each engine. It went for $125K. The new owner has now completed a makeover and is asking $275. They ripped out the old Keith box and installed Riley air, went to a new panel with Garmins, new engines, new paint and the works. If you could negotiate with the owner, this would be a VERY nice bird. I've tried to attach a jpeg, but if you have access to T-A-P on line, you'll find the whole spread.

If you happen to secure either of these birds, I have all of the original documentation and the 'before' pictures.

SkyKing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n90bk-ext.jpg (19.9 KB, 1788 views)