View Single Post
Unread 05-12-12, 08:50 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Dave
When I installed the two main tanks on my '68C model (128 gal) I installed the outboard tank first. Then with the hose connections on the inboard main tank I installed the inboard tank pushing the hose connection onto the outboard tank. Being very careful to align the inner connect hoses while pushing against the tank gently onto the outboard connections. The rubber connectors ended up on the inboard side of the connectors which required the hoses to be centered back toward the outboard tank to finally install the clamps. Not an easy task but take your time and it will go together. I used some oil for lube on the hoses, I think some non detergent or something to help the ease of sliding the hose on the connections. Twisting the hose once the tanks were in aided in centering the hose on the connections.

I also found the cord cushion disorganized in the bay. The new replacement was a rubber material but I chose to keep the original cork and re-glued. I took advantage of the open bays to treat with Boeshield anti corrosion compound.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years