View Single Post
Unread 03-23-09, 03:15 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Hi Dave,

I wish I could answer specifically the questions you ask but I cannot. What I can say is I like everything you say about pouring through the airplane and logbooks and speaking with the mechanic who has been maintaining the airplane. Certainly these are good things that can give you an impression of the airplane and the people who have been operating it. I realize you do not know me so what I say may not be worth much to you. If it is me considering buying an airplane especially in this market and one as complex as a Skymaster, I would do everything you mentioned and then if you still feel good about the airplane, work out a deal with the seller to get the airplane to your shop and let them do a thorough pre-buy inspection. You may even be in the airplane during the delivery flight which would give you a great opportunity to touch everything. Probably all it would take would be a deposit and some 100LL. A little extra time and money up front is money well spent to make sure you are buying what you think you are buying. Good Luck!

Ed Asmus