Thread: Crm2120
View Single Post
Unread 04-14-08, 11:08 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly. I got really fed up with my fuel gauges not working. Lately, my Oil Temp is also fluctuating - being told the little spring inside the gauge is on its way out.

So, about 6 months ago, I wrote a letter to Xerion and asked them if they would be coming out with a twin engine monitor similar to the single engine monitor. I became very interested when Eric Hathaway wrote me that they were in fact in the process of finalizing their twin engine monitor, and it would be a PRIMARY REPLACEMENT for all those faulty gauges in the right panel. So interested that I bought one there and then, once he answered a few key questions about STC's TSO's and such. The 337's WILL be on the AML list, I was assured.

But alas, it will have to stay in the box for a while once it arrives. The CRM2120 has to talk to a GPS (and I'm not too sure, maybe an altitude encoder as well), but the point is I want to change out my centre stack from King Silver Crown to all-Garmin. To not revisit any jobs, it is neccessary to first do the centre stack, and then add the CRM2120. I will have to cut a whole new right panel to acommodate the CRM2120 and the backup "steam" gauges.

Let the transition to glass begin!!