View Single Post
Unread 03-23-08, 10:40 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Just got back from the hanger. Both of my pumps are Airborne. Both are dry type, engine driven. Both are model 211CC.

Front engine has a factory new that is taged Airborne / Parker. Model 211CC Serial 11AH 7372. The case has the words NO OVERHAUL casted into it. I haven't checked the logs yet to see when it was installed.

Rear engine is taged Manufacturer Airborne, Model 211CC, Serial Rapco 23959. It looks to be a rebuilt. Again I will pull out my logs and see the vintage of this unit too.

I checked the Wag Aero catalog just quickly and see that they advertise Vacuum Pumps by Rapco. Old Model 211CC is now a RA215CC. Cost is $269.95. I think this is what I must have on the rear. I just had both electric fuel pumps on my Twin Comanche rebuilt by Rapco in Wisconsin. Might be the same place. They are a large rebuilder of aircraft parts. They were the only ones that could rebuild the fuel pumps on the TwinCo. Wag Aero also has rebuilt Dry Vacuum Pumps other than the Rapco I stated. These do not indicate a manufacturer just that they are warranteed for 1 year or 400 hours which ever is first. They show a model 211CC for $222.50 with core. They also show kits for rebuild at $144.50.

Wet Vac Pumps from Wag Aero are $471.50 w/ core or $496.50 w/o. The Airwolf Wet Pump is $1599.00 with a 2000 hour / 10 year warranty

This letter looks pretty serious. I suggest you check your pump type.

Looking at the Rapco units, they do not indicate that they are Airborne in the ad from Aircraft Spruce. But my rear pump is Rapco and it says on the tag Manufacturer Airborne. They show a 211CC rebuilt for sale and the Rapco RA215CC for sale.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...dryairpump.php

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years

Last edited by hharney : 03-23-08 at 11:09 PM.