View Single Post
Unread 09-04-07, 07:46 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not wish to appear argumentative Ernie but my words were not "poor attendence" nor was my intent. In fact, participation by 30 to 50 people is probably an ideal size. Large enough to have extensive and diverse experience among the group, large enough that hotels or resorts will pay attention but small enough to be manageable for accommodations, meals, transportation, etc. being arranged by a volunteer committee. However, with the current U.S. fleet of 337's numbering 1245 less, say 245 aircraft being operated by Airscan and its ilk, police, fire, fish & game, fishing and sightseeing leaves approximately 1000 acft. being owner flown for business & pleasure. Of that 1000, say 500 would have a spouse or significant other that might accompany them if the program warrented plus, say 20 vendors who market predominantly to Skymaster owners, 50 persons actively considering transitioning to a 337 along with maybe 30 other acft. scattered thru Canada, Mexico and the Carribean means that there are approximately 1600 potential attendees. Drawing 30 to 50 people to a meeting represents something less than 3 percent of the target audience.