View Single Post
Unread 08-31-07, 04:45 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Location, Location, Location.......................after attending just 2 of these meetings, Las Vegas and Bahamas 07, but being involved in most all of the plans of the other meetings, I really am surprised we don't generate more interest. I don't believe it is a location that brings the group to the event. I believe we need to have easy access (not Mexico), good content and something that is meaningful to Skymaster owners (not just videos). Not sure if it should be in conjunction with an event. I think this might take away from our meeting. Timing is something that may help. We have had requests from some that say after school is over. Make it easy to get to, make available commercial flights for those who do not want to deal with weather, water, and fuel prices. No matter where it is, the same group will attend, the goal should be to attact those who have not participated yet.

I think flying across the water is intimidating to many. I think trying to plan the weather across the nation is also a hurdle. I say fly commercial. Everyone needs to know that bringing your own bird is not the purpose. In fact for the last two that I attended this was the least interest for me. Make it easy for folks to come. Get them to commit based on solid plans that can be made in advance and nothing gets in the way.

This should open up a lot of places and it makes the most sense to go to a location that is centerally located for those who fly their own and a place that has good service for several airlines. Make it easy to buy the tickets, hotel and no excuse for not coming. No matter what happens, what location we choose, some will come and we will have a great meeting. Be content with what we get. I'll be there.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years