View Single Post
Unread 07-31-02, 04:12 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
alternators

Kevin
You just don't live right.......<G>
I suggest you sell the aircraft and buy another one, however, now everyone knows your problem you probably won't be able to sell it until the problem is fixed..........

here are my suggestions;

You are an intermittent problem.... worst kind. You need an exorsist or medicine man!

1) make sure both regulators are the SAME!. There are two types of alternators. make sure the regulator is for the type of alternators you have.

2) sometimes the diodes and caps are not soldered to lugs and corrosion occurs on the lugs. Make sure they are soldered. For the cost i would replace them all.

3) Check all connections with ohm meter including field breakers and main fuses. Make sure the fuses make good contact.

4) Check grounds on alternators and straps from engines.

6) Make sure all connections are CLEAN and TIGHT.

7) load test your battery. If you have bad connections or bad internal connection to plates the battery will open and overvolt COULD POSSIBLY occur.

I do not believe it is the alternators, it is connections. Also check the main isolation diodes (big ones) on the firewall. Good connections. If all fails I would replace these two as well with 70 amp 400 piv versions. GMAS can give u the generic part numbers.

Glad to see you made it back safely.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Cook : 07-31-02 at 04:17 PM.