View Single Post
Unread 12-29-06, 01:03 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Deice Boots Timing Cycle

I just had the boots on my plane replaced this year since the originals simply wore out. It is a 1967 T337B model. Sure love those boots! I haven't had to use them often but when you need them they are heavenly.

My question is that I noted the last trip when playing with them (it was VFR but I thought I'd run them a few times to inspect the new goods), I noted that sometimes the cyle would only last for 1 or 2 seconds. It is supposed to run for a nominal 6 second cycle.

It would appear to me that the timer is the culprit, but would appreciate input from others if they have ideas.

If the light stayed on longer than the inflation operated I would suspect a leak somewhere or possibly a messed up shuttle valve or something, but the boots actually inflate for just the amount of time the light stays on.

It was intermittent; most of the time the boots would cycle through the full 6 seconds or so (I didn't time it but you can count for a ballpark range for these kinds of short time periods).

If it does seem to indicate a time problem, does anyone know how difficult these items are to locate? I haven't asked Don Nieser or anyone else about a replacement part yet.

Thanks.

(And a Happy New Year to all, too!)