Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Looking for C337 AP AVM... (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3854)

AP AVM 02-26-16 02:04 AM

Looking for Cessna C337 AP AVM...* Found it, bought it, got it *

Hi

I'm new on these forums. My main reason to be here to seek info and help on the where abouts of Cessna 337 Skymaster that used to belong to Walton flying club in Lahore Pakistan up till June of 1999.
It was registered as AP AVM cn 337 0752. Is there a way to track this aircraft down. It was sold to some aircraft dealer named as Cham Gill in Canada. My late Grand Father flew it since it's arrival at Walton flying club back in 70s up till it was sold...

I would highly appreciate if someone could help find it's current status or its fate for me n my family...Thanks

Sameer

Frank Benvin 02-26-16 09:01 AM

What is left of it is sitting in my back yard. Cham Gill lives in Abbottsford BC. Victoria Air maintenance ( Victoria BC Canada) bought it They pulled the motors and put them in the owners 1965 337 Lots of parts were sold by them. I bought it from the owner of Victoria Air maintenance after he sold his 337. I have the gutted fuselage, both my father and I own 1967 337B's we use it for spare parts It still has AP AVM markings on it

Frank

Frank Benvin 02-26-16 10:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures

AP AVM 02-26-16 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Benvin (Post 20796)
What is left of it is sitting in my back yard. Cham Gill lives in Abbottsford BC. Victoria Air maintenance ( Victoria BC Canada) bought it They pulled the motors and put them in the owners 1965 337 Lots of parts were sold by them. I bought it from the owner of Victoria Air maintenance after he sold his 337. I have the gutted fuselage, both my father and I own 1967 337B's we use it for spare parts It still has AP AVM markings on it

Frank

Hi Frank

Good to meet you online and thanks for getting back to me so swiftly. I've been on this hunt for last few years and today seems to be the great day for me and my family that we have found her existence and that she is still alive.....I don't have words to show how happy I'm to see her once again after so many years!.... Wait till my cousins get this news back in Pakistan they will be blown away!!!

Frank Benvin 02-26-16 12:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That is great that I was able to help you find it

AP AVM 02-27-16 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Benvin (Post 20799)
That is great that I was able to help you find it

Thanks for posting these pictures of her, Indeed it's my late grand father's C337b that he flew for 25 years accumulated 7500 hrs on this machine. I have sent you a email, please get few minutes from ur busy schedule and get back to me. His son and daughter are delighted that I've found AVM with ur help back in Pakistan

Frank Benvin 09-24-16 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Semeer was reunited with his grandfathers Cessna 337b today. It is on it way to Waterloo Ontario

rrolland 09-26-16 06:20 PM

Great story. Is the plan to get her flying again?

Frank Benvin 09-26-16 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrolland (Post 21101)
Great story. Is the plan to get her flying again?

https://www.facebook.com/Cessnaskymaster/

rrolland 09-27-16 01:25 PM

Excellent. I wish the group well and look forward to seeing it flying again!

AP AVM 09-28-16 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrolland (Post 21106)
Excellent. I wish the group well and look forward to seeing it flying again!

Thank you Rrolland, project needs as much support as possible. AVM has now entered in Northern Ontario and I'm expecting it's arrival either tomorrow or on Friday at IHARO's hangar at CYKF.

AP AVM 10-06-16 08:57 PM

My AP-AVM finally arrived earlier today at IHARO's hangar at Waterloo International Airport. She is now under the roof and sleeping securely indoors for the first time in 17 years since she arrived in Canada.