Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Engine Not Reacting With Thr0ttle (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=4516)

Skywalker 08-06-19 04:20 PM

Engine Not Reacting With Thr0ttle

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Guys
I have been flying with my P337 .N88TN for 3 months now and most of time IFR from Poland to Milan on business trips, today I was at FL170 and were in the clouds for about 30 ,mints and had some light trace of icing on the boots, during this phase of flight I noticed that front engine had lost some of its ;MP and it was showing only 27 inches,( it was set at 31 inches)
I pushed the throttle full forward but no change in ;MP' Then another thing which was strange that I could not pull the throttle back, it was like it was stuck in same position, after some time in skies clear of clouds this situation went off and ;MP came back , any clues what could be the cause. thanks a lot of for all the feed back
Dennis

frank.oconnor19 08-07-19 11:06 AM

any other issues

Were any of the EGT, Fuel flow, TIT, etc out of norm? It almost sounds as if the wastegate on the turbo got stuck, maybe not related to the ice...

Skywalker 08-07-19 11:22 AM

Hello Frank
I had TIT and fuel flow normal ,I did not check the EGT
Dennis

Red Air Rambo 08-07-19 09:30 PM

When was the wastegate, variable controller, and turbo last overhauled?

JAG 08-13-19 11:26 AM

Throttle response

Dennis - when you said "Then another thing which was strange that I could not pull the throttle back, it was like it was stuck in same position" - was the throttle physically stuck, or just that it was not responding when you pulled the throttle back?

Jeff

frank.oconnor19 08-13-19 01:13 PM

Stuck Throttle

So I was just thinking about one more possible item. Is there a way to check that the cable is not broken. We had a problem early on with the prop cable, the housing was fractured.

Thoughts?

hharney 08-14-19 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 23849)
Dennis - when you said "Then another thing which was strange that I could not pull the throttle back, it was like it was stuck in same position" - was the throttle physically stuck, or just that it was not responding when you pulled the throttle back?

Jeff

If there is moisture in the cable at altitude there can be situations where the frozen moisture can restrict movement

Skywalker 08-27-19 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 23849)

Jeff

Hello Jeff
the throttle lever was stuck and I could not move it back, had another Flite last week again two hours in clouds -12 degrees , come light ice all the way , I had my work shop asked to lubricate the wastage and there was no problem
Dennis

Skywalker 08-27-19 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank.oconnor19 (Post 23850)
So I was just thinking about one more possible item. Is there a way to check that the cable is not broken. We had a problem early on with the prop cable, the housing was fractured.

Thoughts?

no all control cables were inspected or over hauled when the plane was At Brant Aero . before next flight I asked my work shop to lubricate the waste gate too and I was at FL200 for 2 hours with some ice and minus 12 degrees and heavy clouds ,and every thing worked fine, I have to admit P337 is little brave aircraft and handled ice very well with no degradation in performance at all .
Dennis