Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bahamas Tour For Skymasters (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3587)

Ernie Martin 02-19-14 12:10 PM

Bahamas Tour For Skymasters

1 Attachment(s)
In the event that there is limited interest the New England tour that is being considered, or perhaps in addition to the New England trip, is there any interest in going to the Bahamas sometime this year?

We've done it before and had a lot of fun -- I'll give you links in a minute.

It's a really easy flight to and from the Bahamas, far easier than a trip from, say, the Midwest to Florida. It seems a challenge because you're over water, but you got a twin, right? Plus you're never more than 50nm from an airport.

And the views are spectacular (see picture below). And it's another feather in your flying cap -- going to an overseas foreign country.

We can go to several destinations, but I recommend Great Harbour Cay because, in addition to having the gorgeous Bahamian beaches, lodging is cheap, I know the island and its people well (I've had a house there for over 10 years) and there's a boat we can use for free (just pay for the fuel). For more on the island see www.ConsultResearch.com/GHC2.htm.

Wherever we choose to go, I am happy to make all the arrangements.

Here's a link to the trip SOAPA made in 2005: www.consultresearch.com/kwghc.htm. Some of the info is outdated (you now need a valid passport, not an expired one) and the lodging may be a little higher, but it will give you an idea of what our trip may be like.

The flight procedures to get there are at www.consultresearch.com/337flitG.htm.

With fuel cost being what it is, it may be a good idea for Skymaster owners to share rides.

Don't forget to look at the picture below.

Ernie

hharney 02-19-14 11:16 PM

Great idea Ernie. Thank you for your generous offer. The Bahamas have always been a well attended gathering for SOAPA. If you haven't gone to the islands it is really a great trip.

I have to make sure that everyone understands that I am not trying to create a SOAPA event in the New England area. The Riverview Airport Pilots have made the decision to go there and I just threw out the invite to anyone that would like to join us. It's a Riverview event.

CaptainRod 02-20-14 03:16 PM

Bahamas trip sounds great. I'll go for sure.

Ernie Martin 02-20-14 04:21 PM

Great, Rod. Let's see if there's more interest and then look at dates.

BTW, now in Miami, but lived in the DC area 20 years -- Rockville, Gaithersburg and McLean.

Ernie

Cessna 337 02-22-14 02:02 PM

Bahamas Trip

I've been hoping for an organized trip since purchasing my 337D last year.
Can't wait to see the dates.

Brent

James Bennon 03-23-14 08:26 PM

Partner/wives and I might be interested in trip depending on when it would be.

Jim Bennon

Ernie Martin 03-23-14 10:24 PM

Once there is enough interest, I'll make the arrangements. Let's keep talking on this thread to see if there are others interested and then make plans.

Ernie