Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gross Weight increase (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1461)

Enoka 04-12-05 06:00 PM

Gross Weight increase

Hello...I'm a senior in college and I'm doing a project to investigate the possible increase in gross weight of the Skymaster 337 with CG and speed cut backs. Does anyone know the highest gross weight Skymaster out there? Mr. Bell has a STC for a 5120 lb. gross weight increase with some modifications. I know I can increase the weight by adding weight to the wing and hence shear relief..is there any fuel in the fuselage that can be moved to the wing?

kevin 04-12-05 10:43 PM

I believe Owen has the highest gross weight without reengining. Skyrocket LLC, Owen and Airframe Specialties in Florida have mods to put (I think) IO-540's in, and I don't know what the gross weight increase is with that.

There is no fuel in the fuselage.

Kevin

Enoka 04-13-05 11:05 AM

HI Kevin
Thank you. I will check out what they are up to in Florida. Also, you wouldn't happen to know the incidence on the wing? I am modelling the airplane to get lift and moment coefficients to calculate loads on the airplane and I haven't had any luck finding any aero data. Thanks again for your help.

kevin 04-13-05 12:37 PM

I don't, but someone else on the site probably does...

Kevin

basloane 01-20-06 12:00 PM

Hi Mr. Enoka

Reading this thread, you indicated that you are working with lift and moment coefficients, and peformance numbers. This caught my eye.

I have been doing some work with book performance numbers and some data I recorded at FL190 this past summer using Energy Conservation and Stokes law equations. My analysis was sparked by my plans to do an Atlantic crossing this year and I need to know the implications to performance in the event of engine failure during an an above gross weight departure.

I am also considering the addition of Flint Tip Tanks. Reading their manual supplement, I notice some interesting fueling requirements related to the operating weight of the aircraft. ( ie: you must carry at least 12 gallons in each tank when operating in the air between 4300 lbs and 4700 lbs. )

Would you be interested in an exchange of our works. I have modeled this on an Excell spreadsheet and would be willing to share it with you. Not increadibly elaborate, but I believe I am not too far off the right track.

Best Regards,.,.....Barry Sloane, N187

Ron Moore 01-29-06 12:15 AM

gross weight

Barry, Please e-mail me at gunman1f16@aol. I have some questions....
Ron

basloane 02-03-06 08:12 AM

Hi Ron

I have made a couple of attempts to email you, but my messages continue to bounce from your address.

Suggest you try emailing me at bsloane@qatargas.com.qa

Regards,......Barry Sloane