Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Skymaster fly-in (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3703)

Aboutwright 03-10-15 11:00 AM

Skymaster fly-in

Rex Damschroeder,The owner/operator of the Fremont, Ohio airport ( 14G ),has asked me to announce to all skymaster owners that he is planning a Skymaster fly-in on August 1st and 2nd 2015.
A picnic dinner is planned for Saturday evening with a speaker and a chance to share our stories. Camping and other lodging is available.
Rex has a Skymaster and there's three more on the field. ( we're nuts! )
If you can make it a date. Contact me for more info.

Niner Lima 03-10-15 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm at the Moraine Airpark just south of Dayton. I'm sure I can make it up there in August if not sooner to see the fleet. 4 Skymasters are based at Fremont?

Aboutwright 03-11-15 12:30 PM

Skymaster fly-in

Hurray for you! Let's get the ball rolling. We've also gotten a commitment from Mike Jackson (the author of "Naked In Danang") to speak to us of his experiences flying O-2's in Vietnam.
I don't spend a lot of time at my computer, so forgive me if I don't reply immediately to inquiries.
The phone # to the Fremont airport is (419) 332-8037. Ask for Rex

James Bennon 03-12-15 07:11 PM

Sound good to me. We are located at KPKB, Parkersburg, WV.

Jim Bennon

hharney 03-12-15 09:22 PM

Sounds great, I'll plan to be there too........

Aboutwright 03-17-15 10:25 AM

Skymaster fly-in

Thanks guys. Herb I know we met at Oshkosh one year because I have your business card. Will be good to meet again.
Jim, I wonder if you know a friend of mine from Parkersburg, name of Carl Balderson. Any way, Welome Aboard!

James Bennon 03-19-15 11:49 AM

Carl Balderson the Pawn star??

JB

Aboutwright 03-19-15 06:37 PM

Skymaster fly-in

Ha ha. Yeah that's him. If you know him bring him along, and pack your shotguns. (He'll explain ).

hharney 04-16-15 10:20 PM

Got my postcard reminder this week. Thanks for sending these out. Should be a great gathering. Is there camping available on the airport?

Aboutwright 04-21-15 07:08 PM

skymaster fly-in

Sorry for the late reply. I've been farming.
Camping is at the airport. Rex has some private hangers with showers that can be used.
We are also checking with local hotels for group rate availability.
If you or anyone else would like a room, please let me or Rex know so we can get a count. Thanks, T.W.

cessnadriver 04-22-15 09:10 PM

Fly in @ Ohio

Hello Skymaster Owners.
I'm rebuilding a 1965 C337, BUT won't be flying by August. So if you all don't mind I'm planning on flying my (Freshly rebuilt) 1969 C172. I'm looking forward to meeting more C337 owner/pilots! Hope to see you all there.
BILLS

hharney 04-23-15 08:42 PM

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me Bill. Looking forward to meeting you....

Jerry De Santis 04-26-15 11:46 AM

Sounds good

I'm looking forward to attending too. Not sure if over nite but will check schedule as we move closer to the date. Is there a specific agenda?

Jerry

rmorris 04-26-15 07:02 PM

post OSH

sounds good....count me as a definite tentative...likely wife and daughter to join as well...

Aboutwright 05-13-15 11:31 AM

Post OSH fly in@ ohio

Jerry, Toward your question about the agenda. Herb probably described it best as a gathering.
We plan on starting the arrivals with a meet and greet, right after noon on sat. Aug.1st. Campers can get set up and arraignments made for hotel transportation (please let us know ahead of time ).
The cookout will start at 5:00 pm, with Mike Jackson speaking afterwords.
We're having a campfire Sat. Evening (weather permitting) with Bill Hayes,an aviation attorney, musician, and Skymaster owner, providing entertainment.
Sunday morning we'll provide a light breakfast when we get around to it and John Russman of Detroit agreed to talk with us about Skymaster maintenance.
Our plans are done by noon, so your plans can take over.
The goal is for this to be a low cost/ fun affair.
Prepare to share your joys and concerns of the 337 , and wake up the town of Fremont