Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   stall/gear warning (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3799)

ted quinn 12-15-15 03:05 PM

stall/gear warning

My c337g as developed a very low stall/gear warning volume.
This problem has become increasingly worse.

kbecker 12-19-15 01:15 AM

The stall warning horn works via a paper cone speaker. It is either damaged or the contacts at the speaker or stall switch have become corroded.

chrisktx 01-22-16 08:52 AM

Dang. Lost my last post :(

I believe models up to 74 have a dual stall/gear warning system. It looks like the box has two speakers out of it. Found it yesterday. Just under the pilots right knee in the center console will get you access to the back side of the box. Speakers face copilots side. If both speakers fading, might be a grounding issue. I believe its the brown wire coming out of the box. Follow that and clean up the ground point.

I think newer models moved the dual warning box (not sure where) and ran the audible through the overhead speaker. Might be worth checking the ground, speaker condition there too. Cardboard cones don't last.

Not to steal this thread but we've been chasing a somewhat similar issue. Service manual says the green gear indicator light you can push 'midway' with throttles at idle and do a audible warning test of the gear warning system. So far no success on getting that to happen. The button/green push to test works fine but it doesn't feel like it has a midway point. Didn't get time to really dig into the troubleshoot. Going to check throttle body microswitches today...

n86121 01-22-16 02:56 PM

1969 stall warning

Mine has a primitive buzzer. But then again, it was the technology that landed on the moon in 1969.

There is a small screw that adjusted the clearance on the buzzing bit, that needed adjusting so the buzzer would 'buzz' instead of hummm

As I recall.....

D

hharney 01-23-16 05:54 PM

From ChrisKTx: (above)Not to steal this thread but we've been chasing a somewhat similar issue. Service manual says the green gear indicator light you can push 'midway' with throttles at idle and do a audible warning test of the gear warning system. So far no success on getting that to happen. The button/green push to test works fine but it doesn't feel like it has a midway point. Didn't get time to really dig into the troubleshoot. Going to check throttle body microswitches today...[/quote]

This is a test for the gear horn system that you describe above. Turn on the master, push the green gear indicator all the way down to check the light and push the green gear indicator half way down to test the horn.

Description in the POH. Mine works as advertised

kilr4d 03-01-17 12:07 PM

Checked my stall warning today...VERY faint.

I mean in the hangar, doors closed, no ambient noise and everyone has to stop talking...then you can hear it.

Just out of curiousity, is there an amplifier between the stall switch and the speaker in the overhead console?

Thanks,

John