Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   type differences (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1310)

337G 01-05-05 09:25 PM

type differences

Can some one explain the difference between an F model and a G model.

Thanks in advance!

Craig B.

kevin 01-05-05 11:49 PM

Yow! I assume you are talking normally aspirated for both? This is the biggest model break in the history of the line. There are lots of differences, but here are the ones I can think of offhand:

Interior: F has six individual seats, like a 206. G has bench seat for middle row. Non-P G model still has six seats, but P model has only five. Non-P model has baggage door, P model does not.

F has conventional Cessna door, like 206. G has air stair door, even on non-P.

Gear actuated with electrohydralic power pak in G, F is engine driven pump on one engine (or optionally two pumps, one on each).

Front exhaust is different.

Pitot tube mounted inside left wing strut.

Fuel system: F: Aux and main tanks, see www.skymasterus.com for excellent article on this fuel system. G: all tanks in each wing interconnected, so fuel is either on, off or crossfeed.
Fuel guages are float in F, capacitance in G.

Wing tip lights are flush.

Empty weight on F is lower than G by non-trivial amount. G has structure in it (like the airstair door) that is common with P model, but not really needed.

I think the aluminum wiring started in the G, but I am hazy on this.

There was an AD on F and earlier models to remove the soundproofing in the cabin. The material used was causing corrosion. Please check to make sure I have this one right as well.

I think the alternator warning system changed to idiot lights between the F and G models.

I think there are lots of other differences, but I probably got most of the major ones.

Anybody have some more to add?

Kevin

Eustacio-Chachi 01-06-05 07:54 AM

The front propeller is longer on the G

Ernie Martin 01-06-05 04:26 PM

G model normally aspirated has NO baggage door.

Fuel system article for F model is at www.skymasterus.com (ends in .com not .org)

Ernie

kevin 01-06-05 06:28 PM

Thanks Ernie, I fixed the link to your site.

When did they add the baggage door back, if not 1973? Or was it an option? I have been in a late model normally aspirated that had a baggage door, but I think it was later than '73. It was stock, not a mod. I really noticed because P models don't have them, and I was envious...

Kevin

skymstr02 01-12-05 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kevin
Thanks Ernie, I fixed the link to your site.

When did they add the baggage door back, if not 1973? Or was it an option? I have been in a late model normally aspirated that had a baggage door, but I think it was later than '73. It was stock, not a mod. I really noticed because P models don't have them, and I was envious...

Kevin

Cessna added back the baggage door on the "H"'s, normal asperated.

kevin 01-12-05 12:29 PM

Thanks. Nice to know I was not halucinating.

:-)

Kevin

Jerry De Santis 01-12-05 05:08 PM

F vs G

F model pilots left window is an emergency exit. Also, I believe that if the G model does not have a baggage door or other emergency exit, by FAA rules it can only have 5 seats. Anyone out there have any knowledge if that is the case?
Jerry

skymstr02 01-12-05 06:49 PM

Re: F vs G

Quote:

Originally posted by Jerry De Santis
F model pilots left window is an emergency exit. Also, I believe that if the G model does not have a baggage door or other emergency exit, by FAA rules it can only have 5 seats. Anyone out there have any knowledge if that is the case?
Jerry

That's true only if the aircraft is pressurized. The non-pressurized "G" is certificated for 6 seats since the pilots side window is an emergency exit, the pressurized version is certificated for 5 seats.

FAR 23 has a paragraph that says if the aircraft only has one entry/exit, its limited to 5 seats.

Nick Bailey 01-13-05 06:53 PM

My NA "G" has a baggage door (Added after factory I think), with inside handle, no pilot's escape window. Am I legal to add 6th seat?

EZCOPE 01-13-05 08:30 PM

Seats and exits - my understanding that six seaters required emergancy exit pilots side, otherwise limited to five seats. Baggage door on later models as an option(?).