PDA

View Full Version : Trim

SkyMac
05-14-16, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone

Just asking if anyone knows where I can locate some trim to finish the cabin.

The trim I am looking for is the wood grain tape that is glued to the centre of the aluminium moulding which runs the length of the cabin in G models.

PN: S2210-1

Don was great and provided some, but I need more.

Dave :D

AP AVM
05-14-16, 07:11 PM
You can contact
Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
405-503-4686

He specializes in Skymasters and O-2 parts and salvages.

Regards
Sameer

SkyMac
05-15-16, 12:59 AM
Thanks as always

Don has given me all he had, still need some though. Will be in the USA 3 weeks from now, would be good to find some before I arrive.

Dave

kilr4d
01-29-17, 08:02 PM
I also need some; did you find a source?

SkyMac
01-29-17, 09:00 PM
Hi

After scouring the globe, talking directly to Cessna and their original supplier 3M, we were unable to locate or find a suitable alternative.

Never being one to give in so easily, I found a company in the USA which supplies wood trimming, and by luck they also do PVC woodgrain trim. I purchased a 50ft roll of PVC from them for around $94. The only thing I had to do was trim it to the correct width.

www.jsowoodproducts.com

The guys name is Steve Kitts.

Item no:12126555175

I will attach a photo, the actual colour is a little lighter than in the photo. It is slightly different to the original, but I was replacing all not just the odd one.
Once I had the strip cut to width, I then glued it in place with 3M contact cement. Looks brilliant against the grey interior.

Anyway this is a good workable alternative to the original from Cessna.

Dave

kilr4d
01-31-17, 09:33 PM
Thanks Dave!

SkyMac
02-15-17, 04:16 PM
I just ordered some more as spares, the picture is the item code. If you buy some, being PVC it is very easy to break when cutting, even with a sharp blade.

I used some of the old material as a template for width, keep in mind that one side of the aluminium moulding has a recces, always put the new PVC strip in this side first, then it fits right in.

Dave